Cycling for Choristers
Sat, 18 May 2019 at 12.00pm
Do you cycle?
The Friends of Cathedral Music Diamond Fund for Choristers are organising a sponsored bike ride from St Albans Cathedral to Westminster Abbey on Saturday 18th May, jointly in aid of St Albans Cathedral Music Trust and the Diamond Fund for Choristers. We are seeking riders who to take part and raise sponsorship from friends and family.
It is a ride, not a race! There will be two groups – the faster ‘Zippers’ and the slower ‘Pootlers’ – leaving Sumpter Yard at midday and arriving in the Dean’s Yard at Westminster Abbey somewhere between 3pm and 4pm to a welcome party hosted by the Abbey. The route is approximately 30 miles.
Please join us if you can – not only is it a wonderful cause, but it will be huge fun and fantastic for your fitness! Anyone 14 or over can take part and we would welcome members of our Cathedral community to sign up.
- Saturday 18 May 2019, starting at 12 noon from Sumpter Yard, St Albans Cathedral
- Joining fee of £25-£30 per cyclist (tbc, depending on the insurance premium)
- Fee includes your own ‘Cycling for Choristers’ tabard
- Fundraising will be done through a JustGiving page, for which you will be sent the link
- Cyclists must be 14 years or over
- There will be opportunities to break the journey for a drink/snack/comfort break
- Each rider is responsible for their own bike – please note that if something goes wrong and a ride cannot continue, you need someone on standby who can come and collect you
- Westminster Abbey is a short ride from Blackfriars station, for a train home to St Albans
- Full details and route will be sent to you once finalised.
- For information about FCM see www.fcm.org.uk/diamond-fund-choristers/what-we-do/
Please join us and help support choral music at our Cathedral.
To register your interest, or for any questions, please contact Shirley Anderson | St Albans Cathedral Music Trust 01727 890231 | firstname.lastname@example.org