The next phase of the project is very exciting and includes archaeological investigations to ensure the least impact on the current buildings. The ancient Cathedral will be in very safe hands with our fantastic team which includes the project manager Megan Scofield and our cathedral archaeologist Martin Biddle.
The process will include:
- 2-3 week investigative excavation of the monk's graveyard
- Continued communication with authorities and consultees
- Appointment of the main works contractor
Can all contractors interested in tendering for the main works contract for the Alban: Britain’s First Saint project please contact Megan Scofield, Project Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire.
- Chapter House works throughout 2017
- 'Hard hat' tours during the construction period to allow supporters, local schools and residents to be well informed about the works
- Installations in the Cathedral, including new interpretation for visitors.
This phase marks just the beginning of the three year project, which is scheduled to end in Summer 2019. The provisional schedule of the project in its entirety is detailed below.